Twitter vs Modi Govt: Twitter and again in the government! Now Karnataka HC knocked door
Twitter vs Modi Govt: Once again Twitter and Government of India are face to face. Twitter has challenged the Government of India order to remove the content in the court. Twitter officials have filed a case against the government alleging misuse of power. This will increase the tension between the government and the US -based social media company again.Read more: Suicide attack again in the PAK army convoy: The attacker hit a bomb in a rickshaw hit the army car; 4 killed, 7 injured
Rubies from the government
Let us know that in the last few years, the government has asked Twitter to remove hundreds of accounts and tweets. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology warned the platform of criminal proceedings on not following the orders by July 4. For this, a notice was sent to Twitter on 6 June and then on 9 June, which the company did not follow. This is the third notice, which was sent to the Chief Compliance Officer of the company on Monday, June 27.
more than 80 tweets in 2021, order to remove accounts
According to a document uploaded on a database, the Ministry of IT asked Twitter to remove about 85 Twitter accounts and tweets in 2021, including farmer activists, Pakistani news outlets, journalists and opposition members. .
Why are this action taking place?
These orders were made under the Information Technology Act, 2000 (Information Technology Act, 2000) and most have been complied with. Efforts to reach them are fulfilled with a message that says that tweets or accounts have been stopped in India in response to legal demand. '
Twitter said this
In response to this, in February last year, the company said a statement saying, 'Because we do not believe that the action we have been instructed to take is in line with Indian law, and our It conforms to principles. To protect the freedom of protected speech and expression, we have not taken any action on accounts that include news media institutions, journalists, activists and politicians. We believe that doing so will violate his fundamental right to freedom of expression under Indian law.
- More News
- CM Jairam gave a gift to Solan's public, founded several schemes worth Rs 145 croreAmitesh Kumar
- Azamgarh youth cleaned statues of martyrs: Youth said, martyrs gave messages, all of them have been involved in freedom struggle, need to learnAmitesh Kumar
- First saw the trees cut, now seminars of 21 countries: online and offline 700 participants will know how important environmental protection through RR CollegeAmitesh Kumar
- Watch in Hindi on Watcho App like Welcome 2 Life and Kairos Drama, Streaming of New Episode every dayAmitesh Kumar
- PM Modi wrote a letter to Jadeja's wife Rewaba, all -rounder shared on social mediaAmitesh Kumar