Raghav Chadha meets Finance Minister, told GST at Saras 'Jazia Tax'
Aug 04, 2022 | 9:41 pmRead more: Youth shot dead in Tonk: Police detained accused and associates in 2 hours, cantonment becomes hospital
Aam Aadmi Party leader and Rajya Sabha MP Raghav Chadha met Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today. During this meeting, he once again reiterated the demand for withdrawal of 12 percent GST (Goods and Services Tax) imposed on Saras near Shri Harmandir Sahib in Amritsar. Chadha said, Sarai remains outside the Golden Gurdwara in Amritsar. These Sarai are run by the people of the gurudwara management. Today the central government has insulted the service of Sarai family, Sangat and Sangat. This time is reminiscent of the 'Jaziya Tax' imposed by the Mughal period ruler, when Aurangzeb collected tax by taxing tax on pilgrimage.
Raghav Chadha said, "Today this small in" The government has done the wrong thing by putting GST on it too. Chadha said that we have demanded the Finance Minister to withdraw this tax on behalf of the Finance Minister and three crore Punjabis. There should be no tax of this type on our faith, our devotion, our feelings and our faith. Institutions that are to get tax profits are imposed on them, like if a five -star goes to a hotel, it is taxed. Whatever companies are made for profit, they are taxed. If there is no tax on the institution which is not only made for profits, then why the central government has done tax on institutions made for Sarai.
- More News
- ED interrogated Kharge for 7 hours, China has tainted missiles on Taiwan on the pretext of exercise, see the news of the day in the photoAmitesh Kumar
- Now you will not have to pray for the broom of the house! This 'Robot' will make the house shockAmitesh Kumar
- Long interrogation of CM's press advisor still launched: ED arrested Dahu, close to CM MLA representative Pankaj MishraAmitesh Kumar
- AB uttar chahiye: When ED 'doors' came, I miss inflation?Amitesh Kumar
- CWG Medal Tally: India won 18 medals, know which position is the country in the medalsAmitesh Kumar