National Bone and Joint Day: Smokers are more at risk of viral arthritis, these are symptoms
Unnati Gosain | Edited by: Abhishek Panchal
Aug 04, 2022 | 8:29 PMRead more: CWG 2022 Hockey: Men's team on women's path, defeating Wales and entry in semi -finals
Bone and Joint Day is celebrated on 4 August by the Indian Orthopedic Association every year. While heavy physical exercise can cause bone and joint pain, viral infection can make the movement of joint painful. In many parts of India, an increase in dengue cases has been recorded. Vector born disease (vector -borne diseases) like dengue, malaria and chikungunya usually increases with the onset of monsoon.
Delhi has so far in 2022 compared to 52 cases in Delhi in 2022 so far. About 170 cases have been reported. Mumbai cases have registered an increase of about 20 percent as compared to last year.
Orthopedics director and head at Fortis Hospital in Noida explained that viral infections like dengue and chikungunya body Entering into those fluids that reduce friction in joints and bones.
“Synovial fluid) Is sticky fluid. The main task of the mucous fluid is to reduce friction and to provide lubricating cartilage of the joint joints during the movement. ”
He said,“ This fluid does not work properly when there is viral fever, due to which the movement During the joint (joints) hurts. ”
He also said that this pain of bone and joints can remain for two days and even for 2 years.
Usually goes away from viral infections and the pain of joints is overcome by proper treatment. Viral arthritis usually lasts for less than a week. But in some patients, when reaching chronic stage, joints (swelling/burning) or joint pain can last for weeks, months or sometimes for years. This can make it difficult for a person to do everyday work.
Dr. Mishra said, “It is not Liflong. But I have seen that if it is not treated properly through medicines and physiotherapy, then it can be serious. It can permanently spoil the joints but it takes about eight to 10 years to happen. ”
The exact reason for why the long-term viral arthritis is done only in some people is not yet known. Is. But it is information that women and smokers are at the highest risk of long term arthritis after viral infections.
- More News
- Dushyant Chautala comment on Kuldeep Bishnoi: Deputy CM said- neither panicked nor panicked before he comes to BJPAmitesh Kumar
- Telangana will increase the strength of Telangana at a cost of 600 crores Integrated Police Command Center, KCR inauguratedAmitesh Kumar
- Lathi-sticks, more than 1 dozen injured in two sides due to land dispute, FIR lodged on 24Amitesh Kumar
- Justice UU Lalit may be the next CJI: Chief Justice Ramna recommended the Center; Several decisions made including illegal triple talaqAmitesh Kumar
- Hearing on Maharashtra crisis in SC till Monday postponed: Sibal's appeal- Do not send the matter to the Constitution Bench; EC's argument- It is necessary to decide on the partyAmitesh Kumar