Kakori Train Action: Why was the Kakori scandal called 'Kakori Train Action' and how many rupees were looted?
Aug 09, 2022 | 9:34 amRead more: Survey of loss of kharif crops complete, now farmers are sitting in the hope of compensation
August 9, 1925, the date when the revolutionaries committed robbery in a train passing through Kakori in Uttar Pradesh. The aim of this incident was that weapons should be purchased from the money collected from this loot and they should be used against the British occupying India. The British named it robbery and called the nationalists involved as criminals. This incident in history was known as Kakori scandal, but the Uttar Pradesh government changed the name of this incident.
Last year, the Uttar Pradesh government changed the name of Kakori scandal to Kakori train action. Know, why the Uttar Pradesh government changed its name, what happened was the robbery of how many and how many rupees were there on that day…
Uttar Pradesh government needed to change the name of Kakori scand The word was connected. The government said, the word scandal shows the feeling of insult in this incident for the freedom struggle. Therefore its name was changed.
BJP spokesperson Rakesh Tripathi said in a statement that the British government had called the incident a robbery and called the nationalists as criminals. He was also punished for this. The Uttar Pradesh government considers it a symbol of valor. He was a moment of pride and is a day of honor of the martyred revolutionaries in the incident.
The train coming from Shahjahanpur to Lucknow on August 9, 1925 was looted by the revolutionaries of the Hindustan Republic Association in Kakori. Those who carried out the incident included 10 revolutionaries including Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaqullah Khan, Rajendra Lahiri, Keshav Chakravarti, Mukundi Lal, Banwari Lal. Stopped that train and looted the government treasury. During that time, it was planned to withdraw about 8000 thousand rupees from the British treasury, but only 4 thousand rupees could be withdrawn. The British gave it the name of robbery. Angry after the Kakori train action, the British registered a case of robbery and murder on 40 revolutionaries of Hindustan Republic Association through a search operation. Unfortunately a passenger was shot during the entire incident.
- More News
- LIVE BREAKING NEWS: Many MLAs of Shinde faction angry before cabinet expansionAmitesh Kumar
- Accused of theft of 12 lakhs from closed house arrested: Police caught more than 50 CCTV footage, stolen goods also recoveredAmitesh Kumar
- Theft in Putholi school: Admission fees of children were kept in cupboard, broke the lock and took more than 66 thousand cashAmitesh Kumar
- Mangla Gauri Vart 2022: Today is the last Mangala Gauri fast of Sawan, know how to worship for unbroken good fortuneAmitesh Kumar
- Helix Metalfit 3.0 Smartwatch Launch, Body Template including coded features in this watchAmitesh Kumar