In 5 years, 1.29 crore people pressed NOTA: Most votes were received in Bihar; UP on top in assembly elections held in 2022
NOTA has received about 1.29 crore votes in the last 5 years in Lok Sabha and Assembly elections. Election Rights Body ADR has given this information. The Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and National Election Watch (NEW) have taken this data on the basis of elections held during 2018-2022.
According to the report, NOTA in the assembly elections is around 64,53,652 Have received votes. At the same time, NOTA got 65,23,975 (1.06%) votes in total. In the Lok Sabha elections, NOTA got the highest 51,660 votes in Gopalganj constituency of Bihar, while the lowest 100 votes were in Lakshadweep.Read more: Illegal mining mafia in Karauli elevated, councilors warned of movement
In the assembly elections in 2020, NOTA was cast by 7,49,360 votes in two states. Of these, 7,06,252 votes were received in Bihar and 43,108 votes in NCT Delhi. In the year 2022, NOTA got the lowest 0.70% (8, 15,430) votes in 5 state assembly elections. Of these, 10,629 votes in Goa, 10,349 in Manipur, 1,10,308 in Punjab, 6,37,304 votes in Uttar Pradesh and 46,840 votes in Uttarakhand. Maharashtra got the highest 7,42,134 votes in the 2019 assembly elections and Mizoram got the lowest 2,917 votes in the 2018 assembly elections. NOTA achieved the highest vote share i.e. 1.98% in the assembly elections held in Chhattisgarh in 2018. At the same time, in both Delhi State Assembly Elections 2020 and Mizoram State Assembly Elections 2018, the lowest vote share i. If the candidates with three or more criminal records are in the fray, then NOTA has been used more there. In the year 2018, NOTA got 26,77,616 votes in the assembly elections. 217 red alert constituencies of Bihar have won the highest 6,11,122 votes.
AdR says that if the votes cast for NOTA in a constituency are more than all the candidates who contest elections, So no candidate should be declared elected and new elections should be held. In this, no earlier candidate should be allowed to contest elections.
- More News
- Viral Video: 'Papa's angel' took such a place in such a place, people got scared to see, watch videoAmitesh Kumar
- Marilyn Munro's biopic in controversies: Husband was beaten up after seeing the scene that became hit, an affair with the president, died in suspicious conditionAmitesh Kumar
- Atul Prasad made the new president of BPSC: RK Mahajan will be farewell tomorrow, 67th PT question paper leaked during his tenureAmitesh Kumar
- Bhaskar Exclusive Manager was seen in dreams of the ministry: Before jumping from the building in Bhopal, the mind said; Know what to say to mother and father, brotherAmitesh Kumar
- Lady Constable gave life in the soldier's affair: Husband kept on cryAmitesh Kumar