Famous cricket umpire Rudy Kurtzan died in car accident: He had umpiring more than 100 Test matches, 18 years long career
South African veteran umpire Rudy Kurtjan has died in a road accident. He was 73 years old. After playing the famous Rudy Golf in the World Crick, he was returning from Cape Town to Nelson Mandela Bay. Kurtjan's son told that his father died on the spot.
Rudy, who started umpiring in domestic cricket since 1981, became an umpire in 1981. met. He made his Test debut in the match between South Africa and Team India at Port Elizabeth. Rudy umpiring in a record 209 ODI 108 Tests and 14 T20 Internationals. There were only other umpires who umpiring in 100 Tests.Read more: Nitish Kumar: BJP MP Gopal Narayan Singh said- This is Nitish Kumar's final innings
Curtzon last landed on the ground during the 2010 against Pakistan. At the same time, he umpiring in IPL till 2011. One of the most popular faces of the game then said that he would remember the longest format the most. He told Sky Sports in an interview, 'This morning I thought that my day would be good and easy. This is a wonderful game and I was feeling very respected by being a part of it and I will definitely remember it '
Sehwag made an emotional tweet
former batsman of Team India Virendra Sehwag has expressed condolences to his family by tweeting on Kurtajan's death. Along with this, he told that he had very good relations with Rudy. Whenever Sehwag used to play fast shots, he used to scold him and tell him to play carefully. I want to see your batting. Rudy once wanted to buy a cricket pad for his son and sought advice from Sehwag on the matter. Sehwag gifted him that pad and was very happy. Sehwag further wrote that he was a very gentle and a brilliant person. Rudy will miss you.
- More News
- Chittorgarh MP targeted the Congress government: He said- The public representative in the state is not safe, in 2023 Rajasthan-Chhattisgarh will also go to the hands of Congress.Amitesh Kumar
- BJP's big attack on Nitish Kumar, said- he is a habitual fraudsterAmitesh Kumar
- Dangerous toxic snakes came out from inside the toilet, the soul of people trembled watching videosAmitesh Kumar
- Former MP Umakant Yadav was suspended from PAC: Wanted to join the police, became a soldier in PAC for not being admittedAmitesh Kumar
- The procession of Moharram came out in Sikar amidst the melodious tunes: celebrated the festival of Moharram after two years, or raised slogans of Ali or HussainAmitesh Kumar