Bhai Dooj (Bhaiya Dooj) 2021 Puja Vidhi, Timings: The festival of Bhai Dooj is a symbol of brother-sister love. This festival is also known by the names Bhai Tika, Yama Dwitiya etc. This festival is celebrated on the second day of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month. On this day sisters apply tilak to their brothers and pray for their long life and happy life. It is believed that on this day Yama, the god of death, had come to his sister Yamuna’s house for food. This time Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on November 6.
What do you do on Bhai Dooj?
- A plate is prepared for Bhai Dooj Puja in which Roli, fruits, flowers, betel nut, sandalwood, and sweets are kept.
- Then a square is prepared with the mixture of rice.
- The brother is seated on this square made of Chavan.
- Then in the auspicious time, sisters apply tilak to their brother.
- After applying tilak, gola, betel leaves, flowers, black gram, and betel nut are given to the brother.
- Then brother’s aarti is performed and the brothers present gifts to their sisters.
Bhai Dooj Puja Muhurta
- Bhai Dooj PM Time- 01:10 PM to 03:21 PM
- Duration – 02 hours 11 minutes
- Dwitiya date start- 05 November 2021 at 11:14 PM
- Dwitiya date ends – 06 November 2021 at 07:44 PM
Mythology related to Bhai Dooj
According to the beliefs, on this day Yamraj, the god of death, went to his sister Yamuna’s house after calling her many times. The Yamuna fed Yamraj and prayed for his happy life by doing tilak. Pleased, Yamraj asked sister Yamuna to ask for a boon. The Yamuna said that you come to my house every year on this day and the sister who will tilak her brother on this day will not be afraid of you. Yamraj blessed the Yamuna. It is said that the Bhai Dooj festival started on this day.